Sunday, November 7, 2010

Jack's First Halloween

Jack's First Halloween was pretty exciting. Of course he was only two weeks old so there wasn't a whole lot we could do with him. But mommy did buy a pumpkin for a little bit of fun. The plan was to carve it but that didn't end up happening. What did end up happening was the usual, changing diapers, feeding, and rocking to sleep. Once he was down for a nap Dom and I headed straight for the kitchen where we cooked up a storm. Dom made pulled pork and I made a Carmel apple cake. Both were absolutely amazing. By the time we were done cooking Jack was awake and we were up for another round of diaper change, feed and rock.

Although Jack didn't really know it was Halloween He took very adorable pictures. I have never taken pictures of an infant but it was a little challenging. After every take he would start to cry so Dom would hurry and pick him up and rock him until he was calm. He would set him down on the blanket and I would take a few pics and then we would be fussy again : )  I have many pictures of him crying and I was only able to get a few with him calm.


The lying on the stomach pose seemed to be the best. He almost fell asleep with this one. Of course this is the last pose that we tried.

I liked this one. This one really captured him in the moment. Towards the end of his photo shoot he was getting a little sleepy. Nothing is cuter than when Jack is about to fall asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment