Sunday, November 7, 2010

First Time Dad

This is our first time being parents. We have read many books and listened to everyone's advice and now we are putting all the theories to the test. Being a mother has been wonderful and watching Dom become a father has been amazing. However, it comes as no surprise to me that Dom is an amazing father. From the very beginning Dom has always been extremely selfless. While I was going through labor in the hospital he was always by my side. Labor begun Wednesday October 13th at around 8:00 p.m. We arrived at the hospital around 10:45 and I got my epidural at 12:00 a.m. I highly recommend getting an epidural! I mean props to anyone who does it without drugs but I wouldn't do it any other way. Labor lasted through the night but I didn't feel the contractions thanks to the epidural. I didn't sleep but I wasn't in pain. In the morning the doctor came in around 8:30 and broke my water. I started pushing and before I knew it little Jack was in my arms looking straight at me and reaching for me with his little hands. With tears of Joy I looked up at my husband and saw that he was smiling and crying right there along with me. I can't believe that it only took 9 months to create this little person. Our little family just got a little bigger... our new adventure has begun...and what an adventure it has been so far.

Jack is almost 1 month old. Time has gone by pretty fast. It seems that my days are filled with feeding, changing diapers, and rocking side to side. Dom has accepted his role as a dad by helping with all the activities. Even the late nights with very little sleep.  He works from 8:30a.m.-5:00p.m. comes home and takes our son out of my arms and feeds him with a bottle and puts him down for a nap. It's amazing, I really do have the most wonderful husband. I couldn't do it without him and Jack is so lucky to have such a wonderful father.



All little boys need a father who loves them and can devote time out of each day to them. I have no doubt that as Jack grows older Dom will continue to strengthen their relationship through spending quality time together. Jack and Dom already have a bond that existed even before Jack was officially in this world. While I was pregnant Dom would read to him, play guitar and beat on my belly as if it were a drum. Dom still plays guitar and reads to him. Jack recognises the familiar sound and is calmed by his dad. The first thing I noticed when I saw Jack was that he looked just like Dom. He has his hands, his legs, his feet, his hair and his eyes. They even have similar personalities. I love my boys! I just can't get enough of them....

No comments:

Post a Comment